- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
- Pineapples in the Hospitality and Food Industry
- How to Cut a Pineapple with a Pineapple Corer
- St. Patrick’s Day Pineapple Punch
- Brighten Your Plate for National Nutrition Month 2019
- Giving Back to Our Costa Rica Community
- Where the Perfect Pineapple Grows
- Superbowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Colorful Foods for a Healthy New Year
- Delicious Pineapple Detox Smoothie
Tag Archives: appetizer
What the Queen Fruit Brings to the Table
Tropical, bright and refreshing, pineapples are perfect to enjoy on an afternoon picnic or day at the beach. However, these prickly fruits are far more versatile than a summer day snack. As the official symbol of hospitality, pineapples have rich associations with social status, friendship and a welcoming spirit. From breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and décor, pineapples are a stunning addition to the food industry.
The summer cook-out – everyone’s got one to go to. Whether it’s thrown by the neighbors down the block, your kids’ teammates or a pair of friends who just got a new grill, we’re sure there’s at least one of these you have to attend this summer.
And as the polite guest that you are, you’ll probably “bring something” to add to the traditional line-up of good eats like beefy hamburgers and juicy drumsticks by choosing from one of three categories: dips, casseroles or salads (that last one being used very loosely).
Sure, they’re all good choices, but not so fast! There is actually a happy medium between “grilled” and “prepared” that can have everyone raving. This week’s recipe does just the trick!
The Teriyaki Pineapple Sliders recipe, courtesy of House of Yumm, not only has just a few simple steps, but also does an incredible job at pleasing both the meat-eater and the fresh fruit fanatic with both savory, slow-cooked seasoning and Perfect Pineapple® piquancy. We couldn’t ask for a better combo!
TERIYAKI PINEAPPLE SLIDERS
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast, or pork shoulder roast
- 1 Perfect Pineapple, about 6 to 8 round slices
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- Mixed salad toppings, your choice
Everyone loves guacamole. There’s no discussion about this. Find us one person who doesn’t love guacamole and we’ll call your bluff…they must be a robot! While everyone loves guacamole, everyone also has their perfect way of making it. Now that part, we agree, is debatable.
Some like it with more onions, others with more lime juice and some (may we dare say it) claim that great guacamole is made without cilantro…Yeah…guacward.
But we’re not here to debate which recipe is best. Instead, we would like to introduce a new recipe to your collection. Introducing: Pineapple Guacamole! This pineapple guacamole recipe, courtesy of the always creatively talented Ali at GimmeSomeOven.com, is easy to make, made with fresh ingredients, and adds The Perfect Pineapple® for a perfectly sweet and delicious twist:
PREP: 10 MINS COOK: 0 MINS TOTAL: 10 MINS
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, minced (add more or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple, plus extra for topping
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- dash of cumin
Mash together avocados, jalapeno, pineapple, onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin with a fork until well-mixed.
Serve immediately, garnished with extra fresh pineapple and chopped cilantro, served with corn tortilla chips. Or cover the bowl with plastic wrap (so that the plastic is literally touching the entire top layer of the guacamole) and refrigerate.