- St. Patrick’s Day Pineapple Punch
- Brighten Your Plate for National Nutrition Month 2019
- Giving Back to Our Costa Rica Community
- Where the Perfect Pineapple Grows
- Superbowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Colorful Foods for a Healthy New Year
- Delicious Pineapple Detox Smoothie
- Ring in the New Year with Pineapple
- Fruit Salad Recipes to Sweeten Up the Table
- Pineapple Purchase Trends of 2018
Tag Archives: smoothie
Enjoy Every Bite of National Nutrition Month
As the Earth blooms into spring, March brings an opportunity for transformation into our lives with National Nutrition Month. Sponsored by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, National Nutrition Month highlights the importance of making informed food decisions and developing beneficial eating habits in our day-to-day.
From lack of time to staying on budget, there are plenty of reasons we eat the way we do. In fact, 82% of Americans do not want to give up foods they like in order to eat healthier. However, incorporating a few smart swaps into meal prep can actually bring an abundance of flavor and nutrition to your food habits.
Start the New Year Fresh with the Perfect Pineapple
This creamy, 6-ingredient smoothie is made with the Perfect Pineapple, packed with nutrients and immune-boosting goods that will set your New Year’s into gear. Created with coconut, lime, pineapple, and greens, this is a nutrient-packed treat that is great for on-the-go or breakfast in bed.
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 heaping cup cubed The Perfect Pineapple (learn how to slice and dice easily here)
- 1/2 large ripe, peeled, frozen banana
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 large handful greens (we like using spinach or kale)
- 2-4 ice cubes
Add The Perfect Pineapple, cucumber, frozen banana, light coconut milk, water, lime juice, greens and ice cubes to a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Feeling under the weather and ready to soothe your throat and feel better? Check out how to make your own pineapple cough syrup here.
A Simple, Refreshing Smoothie Recipe for Back to School
With back to school right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking healthy snacks and lunches for the kids! Unfortunately, a new school year can also mean new germs that your children will be exposed to in the classroom, in the lunchroom, on the playground and more.
Healthy doesn’t have to taste anything but delicious when you incorporate fresh Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple, known to have loads of vitamin C, anti-inflamation agents like bromelain and waist-line slimming properties.
We’ve concocted a tried and true green smoothie recipe that will have you setting sail to summer with a tasty – and healthy – blend of ingredients that will take your taste buds to the tropics. Read more here about the amazing health benefits of pineapple and check out the recipe below to get your New Year started off right.