- Back to College Pineapple Snacks
- Stand Tall and Wear a Crown for Back to School
- Back to School Crafting Fun!
- Fun Snacks for Back 2 School!
- Perfect Pineapples on the Farm
- Meet Farm Wildlife: The Three-Toed Sloth
- Summertime Pineapple Lemonade
- Tips for a Pineapple Party This 4th of July
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- Chestnut Hill Farms Supports World’s Largest Pineapple Pyramid Attempt
Tag Archives: vitamin C
Pineapples are not only delicious, but also have a plethora of health benefits. Check out the video below for 5 pineapple health facts you may not be as familiar with. (i.e., did you know pineapple can reduce eye fatigue? Rest your eyes on that!)
It’s pretty well known that Vitamin C is an essential nutrient. Some might even argue that Vitamin C is the “power-house vitamin.” Doing everything from serving as an antioxidant that protects the body from free radical damage to boosting the immune system, Vitamin C is vital in building human tissue and repairing it.
Pineapples are a great source of Vitamin C! Due to their high Vitamin C content, pineapples can positively assist a plethora of bodily functions. (Here’s some to name a few).
In today’s post, we wanted to focus specifically on how pineapple consumption can benefit oral health. That’s right. Your tongue knows what’s good for it!
Aside from its delicious taste, this lip-smacking fruit’s Vitamin C contribution can even reduce your risk of gingivitis and periodontal disease. Vitamin C also increases the body’s ability to fight invading bacteria that contribute to such oral diseases, especially gum disease.
Does it replace going to the dentist? You wish. Of course not! But with a toothbrush, floss and –surprisingly– a few slices of pineapple a day, your mouth will be thanking you!
Dr. Lloyd Berg