- Pineapple Pizza: Is Pineapple a Good Pizza Topping?
- The Truth About Sugar
- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
- Stay Cool with Summer Pineapple Recipes
- Use Pineapple to Make a Butterfly Garden in Your Yard
- Breaking Ground: Women In Agriculture
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Get the Party Started with Pineapple Fruit Dip!
- How to Make a Fruit Bouquet
Tag Archives: food safety
The Four Key Steps of Food Safety
How to Make Sure Your Pineapple is Clean and Safe to Eat
Pineapple, along with other fruits and vegetables, is highly nutritious and can help keep you strong and healthy. Full of vitamin C, bromelain, and other vitamins and minerals, pineapple is a powerhouse of nutrition that some experts say can boost your immune system and help your body fight off disease.
To ensure you receive only the benefits of pineapple, it is imperative that you take steps to clean your fruit and practice food safety. We’ve partnered with our friends at Produce Marketing Association to share these four key steps of food safety, established by the U.S. FDA, which are critical to preventing foodborne illness.(more…)