- Pineapple Pizza: Is Pineapple a Good Pizza Topping?
- The Truth About Sugar
- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
- Stay Cool with Summer Pineapple Recipes
- Use Pineapple to Make a Butterfly Garden in Your Yard
- Breaking Ground: Women In Agriculture
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Get the Party Started with Pineapple Fruit Dip!
- How to Make a Fruit Bouquet
Tag Archives: National Heart Month
Pineapple For Heart Health
It’s Not About Age, Heart Health Always Matters
What does it mean to be healthy today? While most people often associate health with maintaining a certain physique or body strength, the truth is that our relationship with our bodies is deeper than we realize, and everything we consume affects our bodies in many different ways. Heart health is also a very important factor in our health.
American Heart Month is a great opportunity to renew our relationship with our body and learn how to look at it through a different lens. By incorporating heart-healthy fitness into our understanding of health, we are making sure that this muscle can continue to pump blood to the rest of the body and deliver essential nutrients and, most importantly, oxygen.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, around 16.3 million Americans aged above 20 years old are living with coronary heart disease (CHD). The American Heart Association also states that heart disease is the number 1 killer in women, causing 1 in 3 deaths each year.(more…)