- Sheet Pan Perfect Pineapple Ham
- Can A Pineapple Really Live Under the Sea?
- Say Aloha to Our Hawaiian-style Ham and Pineapple Pasta Recipe
- Holiday Joy, Hanukkah, and Pineapple Kugel
- What are China’s Pineapple Science Awards?
- Fuel Up with Paleo Pineapple Fried Rice
- Best Gluten-Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Piña Colada Pie in a Jar
- Slow Cooking Your Pineapple This Fall
- Make Your Own Pineapple Cocktail Keg
Tag Archives: flu
Super Pineapple to the Rescue!
Cold and flu season is here, and according to recent news it has become one of the worse epidemics across the United States, expecting to peak in March. Luckily, pineapples are shown to be a great preventative since they are packed with immune-boosting vitamins and are five times more effective than cough syrup at suppressing itchy throats.
It’s cold and flu season and you are trying your best to avoid getting sick at all costs this winter season. Did you know that you have the secret ingredient right in front of you?
What is this magical medicinal remedy? Bromelain. Bromelain is a very important topic around Lloyd’s Corner since it has the power to cure many ailments. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, bromelain reduces mucus in the throat and nose. It also reduces those pesky, never-ending coughs. If you also feel that you are swelling up due to a fever, bromelain with reduce inflammation and swelling.
Want more information on the secret powers of bromelain? Click here to read more about University of Maryland Medical Center’s study.