- What Makes a Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple Special
- Winter Holiday Party Ideas
- Pineapple Recipes to Try At Your Next Party
- Cinnamon Roasted Pineapple: A Sweet Superfood Treat
- Chestnut Hill Farms Is Now Sustainably Grown Certified
- 3 Unexpected Ways to Use a Pineapple Crown
- A Trick-Free Healthy Dried Pineapple Treat
- Pineapple Halloween Party
- Pineapple Fall Recipes
- Pineapple Pizza: Is Pineapple a Good Pizza Topping?
Tag Archives: pineapple health
Reap Health Benefits with Fresh Pineapple and Fresh Pineapple Juice
When a recipe calls for pineapple, don’t start looking in the canned food aisle! There is a significant difference in the nutrition value of canned vs fresh pineapple, which we are going to highlight below.
According to NutritionData.com, canned pineapple in juice has only about 60 percent as much vitamin C as fresh, raw pineapple. Canning pineapple also destroys a key anti-inflammatory enzyme called bromelain – which is one of the best benefits of consuming the sweet fruit. According to Medical News Today, bromelain can relieve sinus problems, reduce inflammation and improving digestion, making it a powerhouse for flighting off colds and flus.