- Where the Perfect Pineapple Grows
- Superbowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Colorful Foods for a Healthy New Year
- Delicious Pineapple Detox Smoothie
- Ring in the New Year with Pineapple
- Fruit Salad Recipes to Sweeten Up the Table
- Pineapple Purchase Trends of 2018
- Slice and Dice the Perfect Pineapple
- Easy & Elegant Holiday Table Decor
- Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas
Tag Archives: pineapple health
Reap Health Benefits with Fresh Pineapple and Fresh Pineapple Juice
When a recipe calls for pineapple, don’t start looking in the canned food aisle! There is a significant difference in the nutrition value of canned vs fresh pineapple, which we are going to highlight below.
According to NutritionData.com, canned pineapple in juice has only about 60 percent as much vitamin C as fresh, raw pineapple. Canning pineapple also destroys a key anti-inflammatory enzyme called bromelain – which is one of the best benefits of consuming the sweet fruit. According to Medical News Today, bromelain can relieve sinus problems, reduce inflammation and improving digestion, making it a powerhouse for flighting off colds and flus.