- The Myth of the Green Pineapple: Is it Ripe?
- The Ultimate Pineapple #BowlGoals
- Combat Colds with a Delicious Pineapple Dessert
- How to Cut a Pineapple in 4 Easy Steps
- Protect Yourself from Cold and Flu Season with Super Pineapple
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Bites: Pineapple Bacon Poppers
- The Perfect Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 5 Amazing Pineapple Health Facts for Year-long Benefits
- Pina Colada Green Smoothie
Pineapples are not only delicious, but also have a plethora of health benefits. Check out the video below for 5 pineapple health facts you may not be as familiar with. (i.e., did you know pineapple can reduce eye fatigue? Rest your eyes on that!)
Healthy doesn’t have to taste anything but delicious when you incorporate fresh Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple, known to have loads of vitamin C, anti-inflamation agents like bromelain and waist-line slimming properties.
We’ve concocted a tried and true green smoothie recipe that will have you setting sail to summer with a tasty – and healthy – blend of ingredients that will take your taste buds to the tropics. Read more here about the amazing health benefits of pineapple and check out the recipe below to get your New Year started off right.
According to feng shui practitioners, certain “lucky” fruits symbolize each month of the year, bringing prospects from money to health and happiness. The Chinese word for pineapple is “ong-lai,” which means “fortune cones,” and according to feng shui masters are a necessary item when preparing your home for the New Year.
Bring luck to your loved ones as you ring in the New Year with a fun twist on the classic mimosa below. Cheers!
From table centerpieces to simple home decor, impress your guests this season!
It’s not too late to create beautiful decor for your home or holiday table. Our pineapples are available year-round, making this sweet, healthy fruit an easy tool too impress your in-laws.
Simply use gold or silver spray paint to color your Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple and let dry for 24 hours (or until set). Then, place a candle stick in the top of the pineapple’s crown. To secure, you may want to light the candle and let wax drip into the center of the crown, and then gently place the candle in the top.
Voila! You have the perfect table centerpiece or home decor. (Note: For your safety, please be careful to not place candles near trees or other flammable items!)
Happy Holidays from all of us at Chestnut Hill Farms!
Chestnut Hill Farms Supports Cycling Team to help Raise Funds for Seriously Ill Children
Chestnut Hill Farms is proud to sponsor Team Rynkeby, a Nordic charity cycling team that cycles to Paris to raise money for seriously ill children each summer. We decided to sponsor Team Rynkeby because we feel it is appropriate to expand our social responsibility projects to the areas where our fruit is shipped, and are proud to support their effort.
Team Rynkeby comprises 1,900 cyclists and 450 volunteers, divided into 48 local teams in Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, the Faroe Islands and Iceland. Team members are selected from thousands of applicants, who have completed the application form on the Team Rynkeby website. For almost a whole year participants must not only prepare themselves for the 1,200 kilometre trip to Paris but they are also obliged to do what they can to raise money for children with critical illnesses.
In 2017 Team Rynkeby donated EUR 8.8 million to organizations that help children with critical illnesses.
As one of the world’s leading growers, importers, marketers, and distributors of premium-quality pineapples grown in diverse locations throughout Latin America, our vertically integrated supply chain, world-wide distribution capabilities and consistent quality have been the basis of our company’s growth and success. Food safety, traceability, environmental responsibility and social accountability has built the Chestnut Hill Farms brand. Learn more about our social responsibility effort here.
Planning your holiday party? Try these easy to assemble and serve holiday skewers, and impress your guests with presentation, color, and a delicious healthy snack! Simply assemble ingredients and line up to enjoy.
Holiday Party Skewers with Ham, Pineapple & Mozzarella
- Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple
- Sliced ham
- Two cheeses of your choice (we like fresh mozzarella and pepper jack)
- Long wooden party skewers
- Simply assemble together on wooden skewers, and enjoy!
Hosting this holiday season? Try our juicy holiday ham with fresh pineapple and impress your guests.
What’s better than the holidays? Food is a pivotal component to welcoming company, new and old, and they are guaranteed to be impressed with this easy to make version of traditional holiday ham. Grab your Chestnut Hill Farms Perfect Pineapple, a ham of your choice, and get ready to serve up a delicious meal this season.
Looking for drink ideas to complement your party? Try our Perfect Pineapple Holiday Punch here!
- Serve up easy and delicious pineapple casserole this holiday season and impress all of your guests with something unique, fresh, and tasty!
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Level: Easy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a medium-size casserole dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
This week at the farm, isolated drizzles barely accumulated 14 mm (0.5 “) of precipitation, with the same forecasted in the next week. We are welcoming this delay in the onset of the tropical winter season.
The holidays are quickly approaching, and with that the need to plan and prepare for guests and loved ones. For centuries pineapple has been know as the hospitality fruit, and what a better time to welcome family and friends than the holiday season?